You’ll be surprised at how much it costs.
Oppo has a new A-series phone in store, further increasing its growing lineup of budget and midrange phones. Also, like the newest phones in the series, the A78 5G features the Oppo Glow design so it actually looks very similar to its siblings, almost like twins or something.
It is your typical budget 5G phone featuring a waterdrop 6.56″ A-Si glass-protected HD+ (1612x720px) IPS LCD screen and no high refresh rate. It also features a MediaTek Dimensity 700 chipset, an ageing budget 5G chipset paired with 8GB RAM and 128GB storage. From this, you’re probably already guessing the price.
It also features a 50MP+2MP camera setup and an 8MP selfie camera situated on the waterdrop notch. It features 33W SuperVOOC fast charging that could rapidly charge its 5000mAh battery. Finally, it has a headphone jack, side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Virtual RAM, MicroSD Slot, Dual SIM Slot, and stereo-grade speakers. There’s only one at the bottom and the “stereo speaker” effect is processed by turning the volume up by 200%.
Now that we have dissected the specs. What’s your guess on the pricing? Php 6,999? Php 7,999? Php 9,999? If these were your guesses, then you’re completely off. It’s actually priced at an astonishing Php 14,999. Imagine that, when you could just purchase the Realme 10 Pro 5G for a similar price tag and even better specs.
- 6.56″ HD+ (1612x720px) IPS LCD, 90Hz refresh rate
- MediaTek Dimensity 700 (7nm)
- 50MP (Primary), f/1.8, Open-loop focus motor
- 2MP (B&W), f/2.4
- FRONT: 8MP, f/2.0
- ColorOS 13 based on Android 13
- 5000mAh, 33W Fast Charging
- USB-C, 3.5mm jack, Virtual RAM, MicroSD Slot, Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Dual Nano-SIM Slot
- 5G services, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 6/6e, Bluetooth 5.2, NFC
- Glowing Purple, Glowing Black
- 8/128: Php 14,999