Officially, Xiaomi launched the first three Redmi Note 12s back in October. They consist of the Redmi Note 12, Note 12 Pro, and the Note 12 Pro+. These three phones all boast performance features at an exceptionally low price point. Xiaomi is also notorious for launching several rebadged version of old phones and calling it new, or launching a new phone with a totally confusing name. The Speed edition is another one of those.
Thankfully, it comes with a slightly altered design to help it distinguish itself from the regular Redmi Note 12 Pro. Notably, it features a large Redmi logo on the side with a darkened colour accent on the phone’s back, similar to what POCO does to their phones. Other major differences include the chipset and camera modules.
The regular Pro uses a Dimensity 1080 chipset while the Speed edition uses a Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G chip. It is also slightly lighter, at 181 grams (versus 187g of the Redmi Note 12 Pro). Also, instead of a Sony 50MP camera, the Speed Edition downgrades to a 108MP Samsung ISOCELL HM2, so it loses OIS. It can still take 4K video however.
Among other things, the phone has a 6.67in. FullHD+ (2400x1080px) OLED screen with 120Hz refresh rate, Dolby Vision and 10-bit colour support, NFC support, 3.5mm jack, IR Blaster, USB-C, 5G connectivity, and Hi-Res Audio for both wired and wireless headsets. It also has an X-Axis linear motor.
It also runs the fresh MIUI 14 based on Android 13 instead of MIUI 13 based on Android 12. Colours include Midnight Black, Green, and Blue. Price starts at CNY 1,699 (~Php 13.6K) for the 6/128 variant, while the highest-end configuration, 12/256 is priced at CNY 2,199 (~Php 17.6K)
- 6.67in. FHD+ (2400x1080px) OLED, 120Hz refresh rate, Dolby Vision, 10-bit colour
- X-Axis Linear motor
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G (6nm)
- 108MP (primary), f/1.9, 1/1.52″, 2.1µm, Samsung ISOCELL HM2
- 8MP (ultrawide), 119° FoV
- 2MP (macro), f/2.4
- MIUI 14 based on Android 13
- 5000mAh, 67W fast charging
- USB-C, 3.5mm jack, IR Blaster
- 5G services, Bluetooth 5.2, Dual-band Wi-Fi, NFC, Dual-SIM Slot
- Midnight Black, Green, Blue
- 6/128: CNY 1,699 (~Php 13.6K)
- 8/256: CNY 1,999 (~Php 16K)
- 12/256: CNY 2,199 (~Php 17.3K)
While available in China now for pre-orders, there’s no word yet on a global release.
You must be logged in to post a comment.