It’s eventually going to happen.
Apple’s Dynamic Island Notch made everyone go crazy about the iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max. That includes us too. Of course, there’s a rule of thumb. If there’s an Apple product, there’s going to be a copy. And… not even a month after the release of the iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max, the Apple of China already got that idea noted. Classic Xiaomi. Never change.
The CIVI 2 features a dual front camera setup, both with 32MP resolutions. One for the usual wide camera, and the other, for a 100-degree ultrawide. The front panel also features dual LED soft lights, the first for any Xiaomi phone. There is also a large camera hump at the back plus a smaller one at the bottom. The larger camera ring houses the 50MP Sony IMX766 camera with OIS and the 20MP ultrawide with a 115° field of view. The small ring at the bottom is for housing the totally useful 2MP f/2.4 macro unit. It comes with a Dual LED flash.
Now going back to the front, the display is 6.55in. FHD+ (2400x1080px) AMOLED screen with 120Hz refresh rate and 240Hz touch sampling rate. Not much to see here. You also get Dolby Vision, HDR10+, and a 100% DCI-P3 colour gamut.
Inside is the newly released Qualcomm Snapdragon 7 Gen 1 chipset. A midrange chipset manufactured by Samsung and is based on a 4nm process. The chipset is similar to MediaTek’s Dimensity 8000 and 8100 to compare. The CIVI series never leaves China so we don’t expect it to come here, not even by a different name. It is paired with 8 or 12GB LPDDR4X RAM and either 128 or 256GB UFS 2.2 internal storage.
Also, there’s a 4500mAh battery retained from the CIVI 1s. However, here, it supports an even faster 67W fast charging and charges through the PD USB-C port underneath. It does not have a headphone jack sadly, nor any way to expand the storage.
It has 5G services, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.2, NFC, a VC Cooling Chamber, and an IR Blaster. It comes in White, Pink, Black, and Blue. Prices start at CNY 2,399
- 6.55in. FHD+ (2400x1080px) AMOLED, 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate, 1000nits peak brightness
- 5,000,000:1 contrast ratio
- Dolby Vision, 100% DCI-P3 Colour Gamut, HDR10+, 10-bit colour
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 7 Gen 1 (4nm)
- 50MP (main), f/1.8, 1.0µm, OIS, Sony IMX766
- 20MP (ultrawide), f/2.2, 115°
- 2MP (macro), f/2.4
- 32MP (wide), f/2.0, 1/2.8″, 0.8µm
- 32MP (ultrawide), 100°, 1/2.8″, 0.8µm
- MIUI 13 Based on Android 12
- 4500mAh, 67W fast charging, PD 3.0
- 5G services, Wi-Fi 6/6e, Dual-band Wi-Fi, NFC
- In-display fingerprint scanner, USB-C, Stereo Speakers, IR Blaster, no 3.5mm jack, Dual Nano-SIM slot
- Black, Blue, White, Pink
- 8/128: CNY 2,399 (~Php 19.8K)
- 8/256: CNY 2,499 (~Php 20.6K)
- 12/256: CNY 2,799 (~Php 23.1K)
Source: Xiaomi (in Chinese) via GSMArena
You must be logged in to post a comment.