A new set of mediocre flagships from Xiaomi
The Xiaomi 12 series will make its debut in the Philippines tomorrow, 23rd March. We already made an article regarding the phones so we’re going to quickly summarize it here.
We got this information from their Facebook page, so here we’re going to retell all three phones, up to the Xiaomi 12X
The Xiaomi 12 is a typical flagship in all standards. It is equipped with a 6.28in. Samsung E4 AMOLED screen with FHD+ (2400x1080px) resolution and 120Hz refresh rate. This resolution is actually a downgrade considering the Mi 11 had a 2K screen. It is protected with Corning Gorilla Glass Victus.
The processor is of course the 4nm Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 paired with 8 or 12GB RAM and either 128 or 256GB storage. The cameras include a setup that’s typical for midrangers, which are the 50mp camera, 13mp ultrawide, and 5mp macro. The 50MP camera is flagship though as it uses the Sony iMX766 sensor with OIS.
The battery is 4500mAh coupled with 67W fast charging with options for either 50W fast wireless charging or 10W reverse charging. It has an in-display fingerprint scanner, VC Cooling system, and Harman-Kardon-tuned stereo speakers and also lacks a headphone jack.
We’ll be waiting for the price once it’s live here.
SPECS (Xiaomi 12):
- 6.28in. FHD+ Samsung E4 AMOLED, 120Hz refresh rate
- 1B Colours
- Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 (4nm)
- 50mp (main), Sony IMX766, f/1.9 aperture, 1/1.56″ sensor size, 26mm focal length, 2.0µm large pixel size, PDAF, OIS
- 13mp (ultrawide), f/2.4 aperture, 123° FoV, 1/3.06″ sensor size, 1.12µm pixel size
- 5mp (macro), 50mm focal length
- FRONT: 32mp (main), 26mm focal length, 0.7µm pixel size
- VIDEO: 8K@24fps (main), 4K@30fps (main), 1080p@120/240/960fps (main), 1080p@30/60fps (front and main)
- 4500mAh battery
- 67W fast wired charging
- 50W fast wireless charging
- 10W reverse charging
- 24-bit Harman Kardon-tuned stereo speakers, no 3.5mm jack
- Bluetooth 5.2, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, NFC, In-display fingerprint sensor
- 8/256: Php 39,999
Xiaomi 12 Pro
The Xiaomi 12 Pro is very similar to the vanilla variant, except here it uses a newer form of screen-making technology called LTPO, which saves battery more than the usual AMOLED. It is the spiritual successor of the Xiaomi 11 Pro, and also retains its 2K screen.
You know the drill, this phone uses the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 Processor, if it isn’t that obvious. It is paired with 8 or 12GB RAM and either 128 or 256GB storage
All three cameras of the Xiaomi 12 Pro are all 50mp resolution. The main sensor is the Sony IMX707. In comparison to the Sony IMX766, this sensor is a lot larger and is of a newer production, so the performance of the IMX707 should be better than the Sony IMX766. It retains the OIS.
It is this phone where Xiaomi has introduced their charging management chip called Surge P1. If you weren’t aware, Xiaomi used to make SoCs for their smartphones, at least during their early days. The battery inside is also 4500mAh but paired with an even faster 120W charging tech.
Like the vanilla Xiaomi 12, this phone has no headphone jack and also includes the Harman-Kardon stereo speakers. It has NFC and an in-display fingerprint sensor. The phone is built on an aluminium chassis
We’re hoping to see the phone in action here in the Philippines!
- 6.73in. LTPO 2.0 AMOLED panel with 2K (1440p) resolution, Dolby Vision, HDR10+ and 120Hz adaptive refresh rate
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1
- 50mp (main) Sony IMX707, f/1.9 aperture, 24mm focal length, 1/1.28″ sensor size, 1.22µm standard pixel size, Dual-Pixel PDAF, OIS
- 50mp (telephoto), f/1.9 aperture, 48mm focal length, PDAF, 2x optical zoom
- 50mp (ultrawide), f/2.2, 115° FoV
- FRONT: 32mp (main), 26mm, 0.7µm
- VIDEO: 8K@24fps (main), 4K@30/60fps (main), 1080p slow-mo (main, 120/240/960fps), 1080p@30/60fps (main and front)
- 4500mAh battery120W fast charging
- 50W fast wireless charging
- 10W reverse wireless charging
- Quick Charge 4+
- Surge P1 charging chip
- Stereo Speakers tuned by Harman/Kardon, no 3.5mm jack
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, Bluetooth 5.2, NFC, Optical in-display fingerprint scanner
- 12/256: Php 48,999
Both Xiaomi 12 and 12 Pro are available to purchase on Shopee.