Bring professional-like photos down to the price of a midrange phone!
Xiaomi announced the 13T series (or the Redmi K60 series in China) globally. The launch included the Philippines and was announced just three days before the writing of this article.
There are two phones in the series, like last year’s. These include the 13T and 13T Pro. The phones primarily focus on creating quality cinema-like videos on-the-go. Both phones again are nearly identical, apart from the chipset used. For the 13T, a MediaTek Dimensity 8200-Ultra, and the 13T Pro, a MediaTek Dimensity 9200 Plus. Both of these are enhanced versions of their base chipsets, overclocked for use in these two phones.
The phones use a form of recycled leather and are IP68-rated. Again, the phones have start at a sub-30K price point, so think about it.
Both phones use a flat 6.67″ AMOLED with 1.2K (2712x1220px) resolution, 144Hz refresh rate, L1 Widevine Certification, and HDR10+ support. Basically, everything you know about an AMOLED screen. These two phones also come equipped with 2880Hz PWM Dimming and the screens are protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
Proceeding with the phone’s core features, the CAMERAS! As mentioned in the title and in the sales pitches, the phones use Leica lenses and the camera app features modes that are exclusive to them only, like Leica Authentic Look and Leica Vibrant Look.
To be specific, the primary 50MP Sony IMX707 sensor uses a Leica VARIO-SUMMICRON 50mm ASPH Lens which has a decent field of view. The phones are also equipped with a 50MP telephoto with OIS and a 12MP Ultrawide. Both are Leica-treated. The front camera uses a 20MP sensor but it’s just a regular one. If you’re a vlogger, you can use the phone’s built-in teleprompter so you don’t have to memorise your scripts.
The phones don a 5000mAh battery with 67W fast charging. It uses a USB-C port and also possess an IR Blaster, NFC, Stereo Speakers with Dolby Atmos and Hi-Res Audio (can’t really have a cinema-like experience with crappy speakers), 5G connectivity, and Wi-Fi 6/6e.
Both phones come in Meadow Green, Black, and Alpine Blue. So no matter which phone you choose, you’ll get a very close experience. The chipsets aren’t even that far away from each other. The 13T starts at PHP 26,999 (12/256) while the 13T Pro starts at PHP 37,999 (12/512). These prices are crazy affordable for a phone that’s essentially a flagship. If you pre-order until October 5th, you get a FREE Xiaomi Smart Camera C200, 6 months of Google One storage worth 100GB, and 2 years warranty with 6 months free screen replacement. That’s for both phones.
It is available to purchase online like in Lazada, Shopee, and TikTok Shop.
- 6.67″ 1.2K (2772x1220px) AMOLED, 144Hz refresh rate, Dolby Vision, HDR10+, 2880Hz PWM Dimming
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- IP68 water/dust resistance
- X-Axis Linear Vibration Motor
- MediaTek Dimensity 8200-Ultra (4nm) (13T) or MediaTek Dimensity 9200 Plus (4nm) (13T Pro)
- 5000mm2 Stainless Steel Vapour Chamber, LiquidCool technology
- 50MP (Primary), f/1.9, 1/1.28″, 24mm AF, 7P Lens, Leica VARIO-SUMMICRON 1:1.9-2.2/15-50mm ASPH, Sony IMX707, EIS, OIS
- 50MP (Telephoto), f/19, 1/2.88″, 50mm, AF, 5P Lens, 50x digital zoom, Omnivision OV50B, OIS
- 12MP (Ultrawide), f/2.2, 1/3.06″, 15mm, FF, 5P Lens
- FRONT: 20MP, f/2.2, 0.8µm, 78° FOV
- Leica Vibrant Look, Leica Realistic Look
- MIUI 14 based on Android 13
- 5000mAh, 67W Fast Charging
- USB-C, IR Blaster, In-display fingerprint scanner, Virtual RAM, Stereo Speakers, Hi-Res Audio, Dolby Atmos
- 5G services, 4G LTE, Dual Nano-SIM Slot, Wi-Fi 6/6e, Bluetooth 5.4, NFC
- Black, Meadow Green, Alpine Blue
- Recycled Vegan Leather
- 12/256 (13T): PHP 26,999
- 12/512 (13T Pro): PHP 37,999
- 12/1TB (13T Pro): PHP 39,999