A partnership between AsusTeK and MediaTek to bring the Dimensity series to gaming.
It’s rare to see a MediaTek-powered gaming phone. Almost every one of them uses a Qualcomm chipset. By “gaming phone” we don’t mean phones like the Realme GT series or the Poco F series, but rather something that is 100% dedicated to gaming, not a flagship-killer.
In collaboration with MediaTek, ASUS officially releases the ROG Phone 6D with a Dimensity 9000 chipset which marks the entrance of MediaTek into the gaming world.
The phone has a similar design to the regular ROG Phone 6. It also has an Ultimate variant with identical specs, except that one has 16GB LPDDR4X RAM and 512GB UFS 3.1 internal storage.
The ROG Phone 6D/6D Ultimate features a 6.78in. FHD+ (2448x1080px) Samsung E4 AMOLED with 165Hz refresh rate. The cameras include a 50MP main camera, a 13MP ultrawide, and a 5MP macro. Cameras are not the main focus but at least you’re getting a Sony IMX766 sensor just like the original. It has a 12MP front camera
It has a VC Cooling chamber and an in-display fingerprint sensor. Also, ASUS is one of the few major manufacturers to return the 3.5mm jack. The return of the king indeed. It has multiple slots to insert your ROG accessories as well as trigger pads. Alongside the 3.5mm jack is the stereo speaker system.
The phone comes with a large 6000mAh battery with 65W fast charging. The rear comes with an RGB-illuminated dot-matrix back because that’s what gaming devices do. It runs ROG UI, a modification of the regular ZenUI found on many Zenfones. It is based on Android 12.
Aside from the 6D and 6D Ultimate, there’s also a limited-time Batman Edition which has identical specs but with a Batman theme. There are two versions. The North American market will receive a Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 chipset while the global variant, the MediaTek Dimensity 9000+. Comparing these two has never been easier. Your problem now is just the shipping.
- 6.78in. FHD+ (2388x1080px) Samsung E4 AMOLED, 165Hz refresh rate
- Trigger Pads
- Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- IPX4 splash resistance
- MediaTek Dimensity 9000+ (4nm)
- VC Cooling Chamber
- 50MP (main), f/1.9, 1/1.56″, 1µm, Sony IMX766, 8K video, OIS
- 13MP (ultrawide)
- 5MP (macro), f/2.4
- FRONT: 12MP
- ROGUI based on ZenUI based on Android 12
- 6000mAh, 65W fast charging
- 5G services, Bluetooth 5.3, Wi-Fi 6/6E, Dual Nano-SIM Slot, NFC
- 3.5mm jack, Hi-Res Audio, ASUS Noise Reduction, Triple Mic, Front-facing stereo speakers, DiracHD
- In-display fingerprint scanner, accessory connector, RGB-illuminated backlighting
- Space Grey
- 12/256: GBP 799 (~Php 51K)
- 12/256 (Batman Edition): GBP 1,199 (~Php 76.5K)
- 16/256: TBA
- 16/512 (Ultimate): GBP 1,199 (~Php 76.5K)
No word yet for Philippines availability. Stay tuned, as they soon will be available. Currently, you can only purchase it in the United Kingdom.
Source: ASUS ROG Phone 6D Ultimate
You must be logged in to post a comment.