This turns the Xperia 1 Mk. IV, a photography phone, into a hardcore gaming phone. The same level as the Red Magic or ROG Phone series.
The Xperia 1 IV is a photography and professional phone. However, Sony started experimenting again by turning the phone into a full-fledged gaming smartphone that can directly compete with the ROG Phone series.
To recall, the Xperia 1 Mk IV is a phone geared for professional photographers. It is equipped with a tall 6.5in. notchless 4K (3840x1440px) OLED screen with HDR support. This is also one of the rarer phones in the market to be equipped with a 4K display. It also comes with a 120Hz variable refresh rate.
Inside is the infamous Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 chipset. And as the gaming variant of the regular Xperia I IV, the phone is now equipped with 16GB RAM and 512GB ROM. It has a triple camera system supported by Zeiss. All three cameras (1/1.7″ Exmor main lens, telephoto, and ultrawide) have 12MP resolution. The front camera also has 12MP resolution. The battery has a 5000mAh capacity that’s only normally seen on some budget phones for some reason. This battery is paired with 30W fast charging.
Sony is also renowned for its audio products, notably its Walkman series of MP3 players. Here, they’re bringing their audio expertise by delivering spatial and an enhanced Hi-Res audio experience to their Xperias. The phone is also IP68 water resistant, as commonly seen on many flagships. The phone is by no means affordable, and the gaming edition would have you draining JPY 175,000 or about USD 1,225 (~Php 70K). The Xperia Stream is bundled for free with every purchase of the device.
The phone would be available tomorrow, 15th September in Japan via Docomo or through Sony’s official portal. International availability and pricing are yet to be announced and it’s unlikely to reach here in the Philippines because Sony Mobile is non-existent in the country.
- 6.5in. 21:9 4K (3840x1440px) OLED, 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate, HDR, HDR10+
- Corning Gorilla Glass Victus
- Dolby Vision, TrueTone, 100% DCI-P3 colour gamut
- IP68 water/dust resistance
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 (4nm)
- 12MP (main), 24mm, 1/1.7″, OIS, Exmor RS lens
- 12MP (telephoto), f/2.3-f/2.8, 20-28°, 1/3.5″, OIS
- 12MP (ultrawide), f/2.2, 124°, 16mm, 1/2.5″, OIS
- FRONT: 12MP, 1/2.9″, 83°, 5-axis stabilization
- Sony Alpha support, Zeiss T* coating
- Android 12
- 5000mAh, 30W fast charging
- Unspecified fast wireless charging
- 3.5mm jack, 360 Reality Audio, Hi-Res Audio, Stereo Speakers
- USB-C, Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Video output
- 5G services, Bluetooth 5.2, Bluetooth LE Audio, Qualcomm aptX, Wi-Fi 6/6E, NFC
- Black, with Xperia Stream
- 16/512: JPY 175,000 (~Php 69.1K)
You must be logged in to post a comment.