The phone directly competes with other flagships such as the Zeiss-powered Vivo X80 series and the Xiaomi 12 series.
The Huawei P50 is a much-anticipated flagship from Huawei, though to a lesser extent considering it was released after Huawei got blacklisted. Due to this, it also has no 5G services which may lessen its buyers.
To recall, the phone is flagship all around and is one of the last Huawei phones to still carry Leica cameras. It features a 6.5in. 2.5D curved OLED display with 90Hz refresh rate, 300Hz touch sampling rate, and up to 144Hz high-frequency DWM dimming. The resolution is QHD+ (2700x1224px). It also has support for Dolby Vision, and HDR10+
It uses the 4G version of the Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 chipset. The phone is released quite late in the country but still competes well with new-generation flagships. It is paired with 8GB RAM and 256GB internal storage. It is powered by a 4100mAh battery with 66W fast charging.
The main features here are its cameras. There is a 50MP primary camera with “True-Chroma Colour” that visually enhances the colour reproduction of images, a 13mp ultrawide camera, and finally, a 12mp telephoto camera with OIS. The front camera sits in the middle of the phone, with a resolution of 13mp
As a flagship, it comes with an IP68 water/dust resistance rating, its display is protected by a Corning Gorilla Glass Victus and has an in-display fingerprint scanner and NFC. In addition, it has 4G LTE, dual-band Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi 6, and Bluetooth 5.2 connectivity. For the sound, it supports Hi-Res Audio, has a HiFi DAC chip, and stereo speakers. It skips on the 3.5mm jack. Also, it has an IR Blaster, a tradition that is widely present on P-series flagships.
The phone comes with EMUI 12 based on HarmonyOS 2.0. As such, it uses Huawei Mobile Services with support for unpacking APK files. For every purchase, the phone comes with a FREE Huawei Buds 4i worth Php 3,599 until supplies last. It comes in two colours: Golden Black and Cocoa Gold. Price starts at Php 39,999 and is available in Huawei concept stores and its official Lazada and Shopee page. You can also purchase the phone directly on Huawei’s Online Store.
- 6.5in. QHD+ (2700x122px) 2.5D curved OLED, 90Hz refresh rate, 300Hz touch sampling rate, 144Hz high-frequency DWM dimming
- Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- IP68 water/dust resistance rating
- Dolby Vision, HDR10+, 100% DCI-P3 colour gamut
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 4G (5nm)
- 50mp (primary), f/1.8, True-Chroma Colour, True-Focus Fast Capture
- 13mp (ultrawide), f/2.2
- 12mp (telephoto), f/3.4, OIS, AF
- FRONT: 13mp, f/2.4
- 4100mAh, 66W fast charging
- EMUI 12 based on HarmonyOS 2.0 with Huawei Mobile Services
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 6, Dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.2, NFC
- Hi-Res Audio, Hi-Fi DAC, Stereo Speakers
- IR Blaster, In-display fingerprint scanner, USB-C, Nanomemory
- Golden Black, Cocoa Gold