PayMaya now allows OFWs and Filipinos abroad to pay for government services and financial services

Paymaya announced that, starting today, 1st May, OFWs and Filipinos abroad can now use the app to pay for government utilities and other financial services using their PH SIM Card. This also allows to transfer money to their families much easier.

According to the PSA (Philippine Statistics Authority), in 2020, there are about 2.2 million people and counting, who are currently working outside the country.

With this new system implemented, OFWs can now pay for PH bills such as water and electricity, and government utilities such as PAG-IBIG, SSS, BIR, and DFA. In addition, there are also about 500 third party billers available for transactions within the app.

To register for Paymaya as an OFW, follow these steps:

  1. Download the PayMaya app in either the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
  2. Register for a new account using a Philippine Mobile SIM Card. Make sure to turn on international roaming services or it won’t work.
  3. Enter a Philippine Address, and prepare at least one Philippine government issued IDs such as SSS, TIN, BIR, Passport, Driver’s License, UMID, PRC License and/or Postal ID
  4. Once registered, activated and confirmed by PayMaya, users can now enjoy services offered by the app, including the “add money” function. To add money, simply add PayMaya’s partner cards to your account such as VISA or Mastercard, or through remittance services such as Western Union and Moneygram.